A tribute

Ground Zero Museum

Every year on this day I like to take a moment to reflect. Many of you who read this blog know how much I adore New York City. I always say I grew up just knowing that I would fall in love with it at first sight, and I did. I just knew. It’s hard for me to explain, why I love a city so much.

My first trip was at the end of August in 2001, two weeks before September 11. We went to the top of the Statue of Liberty and my husband got this shot:

twin towers

You can barely see the towers behind me and it still gives me pause.

Luckily my husband is as nuts about the city as I am, so we go often – really the only vacations we’ve ever taken are to New York (until this past summer). But it’s been more than a year since I’ve been there last and I miss it so.

Years back some friends and I visited and went to the Ground Zero Museum. If you are ever nearby I can’t recommend a visit enough – especially combined with the Memorial. It will rock your world.

Of course this day isn’t just about New York – it’s about D.C. and Pennsylvania and really the entire country. I know so many of us just wanted to go to any of those places and help that day/week/month. That’s why I don’t want to forget – our spirit is so BIG.

Today I’m sharing the photos from the museum that I always share on September 11. (I’ll be turning off comments on this one so we can just reflect.) And as always I’ll just let them do the talking:

Ground Zero Museum  Ground Zero Museum Ground Zero Museum Ground Zero MuseumGround Zero Museum  Ground Zero MuseumGround Zero Museum Ground Zero Museum Ground Zero MuseumGround Zero Museum  Ground Zero Museum Ground Zero Museum  Ground Zero Museum Ground Zero MuseumGround Zero Museum  Ground Zero Museum   Ground Zero Museum Ground Zero MuseumGround Zero Museum Ground Zero Museum Ground Zero Museum