Summer in the house

Happy Friday the 13th! Hope it was a good one for you and the bad luck stayed away! :)

Today I’m sharing a few of the summery touches I’ve added around the house over the past few weeks. Most everything I’ve had for a while – there’s only one recent purchase that I couldn’t pass up!

Not many words needed, so enjoy the pics:

DIY wooden trough

wooden trough under tv 

I get asked about this wooden trough under our TV a bunch – you can go here to see how I made it. It’s super easy and cheap to make – and I did it for free. :)

summer vignette decorating

A little vignette with a glass used as a vase.

summer pillows

Pillows are handmade (striped) and from Target (fuzzy I picked up last year, blue was from earlier this summer). Cute kitten with the precious crossed paws was free. ;)

summer decorating

Rocks and seashells I’ve gathered over the years.

summer decoratingseashells cloche

This “cloche” was a from an 80’s light fixture I picked up from Goodwill. I painted the metal gold to brighten it up.

lemons in bowl summer decorating

Love the pop of yellow against the green vintage pedestal!

summer sand coral display coral decor 

This beautiful coral is my only recent purchase – I found it at an antique store of all places!

green glass bottle

I’ve already gotten five tomatoes from my plants – are yours ready yet? There is nothing like a home-grown tomato! YUMMO!

Hope you have a lovely summer weekend! Talk to you next week! :)