Show Us Your Kitchens!

Hey hey! Well, first, I have to say THANKS for making me feel a little less weird. ;) I loved your comments on my last post. So either I’m not weird or I am and a whole bunch of you are too. ;) Either way we’re golden.

It’s time to show off more of your houses and I’m really excited about this one! This month we’re sharing kitchens at the Show Us Your House party:

image

If you’ve been around for awhile you’ve seen pics of our kitchen, but here are a few more recent ones and a couple before and afters too!

I’ve made a LOT of changes in here over the past few years. I’ve been trying to add more color and more light to the space:

black island white chairs

Before everything was dark and cherry. Cherry (really maple but they look cherry) cabinets, cherry laminate floors, cherry island, black backsplash. It was too much!

The fabric and accessories add the color:

cherry cabinets white backsplash

The dog adds some cuteness. ;)

And the beadboard backsplash and spray painted island chairs add some brightness:

beadboard backsplash

The new floors are darker, but make the room feel lighter, in a weird way. The fact that they don’t match the cabinets exactly anymore may be why.

I have a few more changes in mind for our kitchen – some fairly easy (like painting) and some much harder (like moving plumbing).

Needless to say it’s going to stay like this till after the basement is finished. Maybe long after. ;)

kitchen bay window

Here’s what the room looked like a couple years ago:

Not bad at all, it was just getting busy and dark for my changing tastes.

Here’s a similar view now:

butcher block island top

Just a simple thing like taking that pot rack down made a HUGE difference!

Here’s the kitchen before from a different direction:

I added a round (outdoor!) rug from Pottery Barn under the table, repainted the bay window area, and replaced the pantry door. Among other things. ;)

Oh, and painted the back door. You might remember how that went. Yeahhh:

So! Let’s see yours! I can’t WAIT to see your kitchens – I truly believe they are the heart of the home and can say a lot about their owners. ;)

I will highlight a few of your rooms on an future post – so if you’d like to be included, please do include this button or a link in your blog post:

image

Here you go! Link it up!