April in review!

Hello all! Happy MAY! I’m back today with a quick recap of some of the bigger (or sometimes small with a big impact) projects that I finished up in April!

Did you miss one?

Early last month I added some super CUTE handles to the sofa table in the family room – they were the perfect finishing touch:

long sofa table

And I got the hardware from Target of all places!

We had a few lovely days early in the month so I busted out the spray paint baby! And yes, I sprayed our floor vents:

jute rugThey hold up surprisingly well!

I hosted a fun impromptu linky party and and shared a little somethin’ I added in the bathrooms:

cute toilet handles @thriftydecorchick.com

It was a “little things” kind of week and I truly think they can make the biggest difference in your home!

Next up I shared the new breakfast nook in a couple stages – I showed you how I reworked an IKEA table and made it into the farmhouse table I’ve always wanted. And then I came back and shared the other new additions to the space

So now the area that used to look like this:

kitchen round table

Now looks like this:

DIY farmhouse table IKEA hack

Who would have thought a long rectangular table would work in this spot better than a round one? Not me!

Next up I shared a project I’m SUPER DUPER excited about, but it’s going to take forever to finish up throughout the house:

craftsman door trim

The craftsman-style door trim was SO much easier than I thought it would be. I love how it turned out!

We took a walk down memory lane to see how our stairs went from covered in carpet to these today:

wood staircase

It was one of those projects I was so nervous about tackling years ago but I’m SO glad I did!

Thanks for all your kind comments on the progress in the basement bathroom! I’m so thrilled to have it almost done!:

bathroom storage wood shelves @ thriftydecorchick.com

You can see more about the accessories I used and the how-to on the shelves here.

And finally, some blog friends and I shared a few tips that have helped us along the way on yesterday’s post:

basic blogging tips @ thriftydecorchick.com

Well there you go! The biggies I accomplished this month – did you catch them all?

I’m off to spend more time outside today – hope it’s lovely where you are too!