Mudroom and entry eye candy

Hey heyyyy! How are you? I’m great and looking forward to the weekend after a crazy week here. I’m so excited to show you progress in the house, but I still have so much to do get any of the projects actually DONE.

Remember that powder room that has sat undone for about two years now? Well, there’s been many hold ups, but this one was the biggest, at least for the past six months or so:

hardwood flooring

We’re finally getting new floors put in there! So excited, but it’s just the tip of the iceberg – how can such a little room take so much work??

Anyhoo, today I’m recapping your beautiful foyers and mudrooms from our last Show Us Your House linky in November. Weren’t those fun? I’m not doing them this year, but maybe we’ll pick it up again in 2014. I think I forgot one that was supposed to happen in December, I need to look back on that.

So I had the great joy of checking out your links and picking out just a few to brag on today. You all are SO talented, I LOVE IT!

Christina shared how she made this lovely dried hydrangea wreath:

diy hydrangea wreath

It was so simple and I love how full it is – it looks so pretty on the back of her door with the burlap ribbon! (Love that dresser, the lamps and the light fixture too.)

I was impressed with Crystal’s idea to make a bench for her foyer:

DIY bench

And I am crushing hard on that blue door!

OK, I know many of us love bright white cabinetry and built ins, but I can appreciate a beautiful dark piece too, and I think I said “Wow” out loud when I saw Julie’s gorgeous mud room:

dark wood mud room cubby

Isn’t that fabulous?? LOVE that wall color and the houndstooth bench cushion is the perfect finishing touch.

I loved all the color Mandy used in her foyer, and the well done gallery wall:

front entryway decorating ideas

And those front doors? My dream doors. Double glass-paned doors. Dreamy.

Cristina used some reworked some kitchen cabinets and put them in her mud/laundry room for added storage:

mud room butlers pantry

She also made it another useful space – it serves as a bar/butler’s pantry kind of space too. She’s brilliant. And handy.

Board and batten is HUGE – especially in foyers and mud rooms. It  must have something to do with how cute the hooks look with it. ;) I know many of you wonder how it would work with textured walls and Aimee shows you how they addressed that issue here:

board and batten textured walls

It’s a little bit more work, but the finished result looks fantastic!

I loved every bit of Pam’s foyer – it’s just so pretty and well put together:

decorating the foyer

Love the pair of chairs sitting there.

Anna made a smaller foyer work for them, with hooks and awesome shoe storage from IKEA (I love that thing!):

shoe storage

Love the frames hung up high over the tall board and batten.

Hannah stenciled her long entry hallway and it made a big impact:

stenciled foyer

That and the trim on the walls makes it so crisp and pretty!

And finally, but certainly not least, I loved Kelly’s whole mudroom space and it’s coastal theme:

coastal mud room

Those oars are awesome, right? She got them from Etsy and finished them herself! I thought for sure they were vintage. And I love what she used to make those pillows too, click over to find out. ;)

Again, you guys wow me! So impressed and honored that you link up at TDC.

I’m off to start a weekend of painting, staining and DIY! Or maybe I’ll just take a nap. That’s sounding mighty good right now. Either way, have a GREAT one and I’ll see ya on the flip side!

**As always, please visit the respective sites if you’d like to pin these images.